Planning to submit your business plan or pitch electronically? Don’t miss all the built-in tools for high-powered hyperlinked plan support:
Add links in topics
Instead of attaching images of your company website, use a hyperlink to the site itself to get readers immersed in your online presence.
- Open the relevant topic
- Highlight the anchor text you want to use for the link
- Click the Insert Hyperlink button on the topic formatting toolbar
- Change the link type, if necessary (http, https, ftp, etc.)
- Type in a URL
- Click OK
Colorful tables and charts
While your content is the most important part of the business plan, online submission means a color plan costs the same as a black and white one. Consider some of these options:
- On the Tools menu, point to Options and click Printing
- Click the Tables tab
- Use the down arrow under Table Style to see various colorful alternatives that work automatically with your built-in business plan tables
- Don’t forget to set the styles for both Main Body and Appendix sections (toggle between sections at the top of the Printing Options dialog)
- Click OK
- On the Tools menu, point to Options and click Charts
- Click the Colors tab
- Use the down arrow to preview and select different chart color palettes
- Click OK to apply the selected palette to all charts in your plan
Export to multiple formats
Ready to send it in? Business Plan Pro supports multiple export formats to present your plan the way reviewers want to see it.
- On the File menu, click Export
- Select an export option and click Next
- Export the whole plan (default) or choose the items you want to export and click Next
- Browse to the location where you want to store your exported file(s) and click Next
- Click Finish
You can now attach the exported files to an email, transfer them via ftp, put them on your website, or burn them to CD for submission.
Publish online at Secureplan.com
- On the File menu, point to Send to and click Secureplan.com
- Use the Sign Up Now button to create an account, then upload your plan to this secure, password-protected site.
- Use the features on Secureplan.com to invite specific people to view and comment on your plan online.