Since the official public launch around 45 days ago, we’ve been working hard to continue to optimize the performance and user experience of Email Center Pro. A couple highlights:
- Upgraded to the latest version of TinyMCE for improved text editing.
- Implemented a caching layer between ECP and S3 to speed up message loading time.
- Integrated Amazon’s Simple Queue Service to greatly decrease latency of POP mail delivery.
- Implemented a background sending process so that users don’t have to wait for messages to send, they can get right back to work.
- Added paging for viewing long threads with a quicker load time.
We’ve also responded to all of our hundreds of feedback messages from early adopters, with many of those requests making it into the application, and many more planned for a near future release. We’ve aggregated all the requests and have compiled a feature list for the next big release of ECP, which we’re working on now. The set of features is exciting and is going to be a great supplement to our current offering. And we’re going to continue to tune performance across the board.
Senior Software Design Engineer